Ingredients for the crust:
1 cup flour
6 tbsp cold butter
1 tbsp sugar
Ingredients for the topping:
6 tbsp of butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup ground almonds
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup raspberry jam.
1/4 slice almonds
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F. Line and lightly greased a 8" x 8" square baking pan with parchment paper, overhang on both side (for easy removing your slices later)
2. In a food processor, process all the crust ingredients using the pulse action until fine and crumbly.
3. Press it evenly to the base of the baking pan. Bake it for 10 minutes, remove from oven and let it cool.
4. To make the topping, beat sugar, butter and eggs until light and creamy. Add in flour and ground almonds, mix until just combined.
5. Spread the raspberry jam to the crust, spread the topping over the jam and sprinkle the almond slices to the top. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Cool completely before cutting to serve.