During summer blueberries is really cheap and I freezes a lot of it so that I can use it anytime I want to. For today I bake a pound cake using some of it and this pound cake is soft, moist and not too sweet. This cake is great for entertaining or simply enjoys it with a pot of hot brewing coffee.
1 cup/2 stick/226 grm butter
1 block/8 oz cream cheese (I used fat free cream cheese)
1 3/4 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups blueberries + 1 tbsp flour (toss together)
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F. Line and greased a 8" x 8" square pan or baking pan of your choice.
2. In a mixer beat butter, cream cheese and sugar until creamy and light. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt. Slow down the mixer and slowly add in the flour to the butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Lastly add in the blueberries and mix well. Pour batter into baking pan and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown. Cool for 10 min in the pan before remove the cake out of the pan.
5. Cool completely before serving.