This is such a refreshing dessert to have on a hot and humid days like what we are having here in PA. Temperature here can go up to over 90 degree F and having this for dessert is just pure heaven. It’s not too sweet, thick and with huge chunky fresh mango in it.
2 sweet mango
4 tbsp of sago pearls (soak in cold water for half an hour)
125ml evaporated milk
200 ml mango juice
50 ml water
2-3 tbsp sugar (more if you like it sweeter)
1. Bring about 4 cups of water to boil in a saucepan. Add in sago pearls and bring it up to boil. Once it boils, continue to stir for a minutes and then turn off the heat and cover the saucepan. Leave it for 20 minutes. At this stage the sago pearls should be transparent.
2. Drain the sago from the hot water in a strainer, rinse under cold running water until it cools down and water runs clear and set aside.
3. Peel and cut mango into cubes. Set aside some of the cut mango for garnish.
4. Blended the rest of the mango, sugar with the 50 ml of water until smooth.
5. In a mixing bowl, mix the blended mango, cubed mango, mango juice and milk. Stir well. Add in the sago pearls and stir until well combined.
6. Chill before serving.
Note: If mixture is too thick you can always add extra milk or mango juice to it.