Have you try making savory cookies? Now here is something different for you. They are actually great for appetizers or snacks. Maybe a little bit better than all the other sugary treats in our cookies jars :). This cookies are nutty, buttery, cheesy and with a little hint of rosemary. You can replace the rosemary with other herbs like chives or thyme and you can add other spices like cumin, garlic, paprika, chili power to these cookies. The options are endless!
1 stick/113 grm/1/2 cup butter
1 ½ cup of flour
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/2 cup ground pine nuts
1 egg – separate yolk and white
2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup of pine nuts – for decoration
1. Cream butter and salt and light and creamy. Add in the egg yolk cream until well combined.
2. Add in parmesan cheese, ground pine nuts and chopped rosemary. Mix well. Add in the flour and continue to mix until the mixture comes together into a ball.
3. Take out the dough and lightly floured work surface, give the dough a few knead and let it rest for half an hour.
4. Roll the dough out thinly about 1/8" thick. Cut out into desired shapes. Brush the top of the cookies with some egg white and sprinkle some pine nuts on it.
5. Baked in a pre-heated 325 degree F oven until lightly brown. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.