For the bottom layer :
500 grms of grated tapioca/cassava - squeezed out all the water
1 cup of sugar/palm sugar
4 tbsp of tapioca flour
1 1/4 cups of coconut milk (enough to cover the cassava)
1 few drop of pandan paste (optional)
For the top layer :
2 cups of coconut milk
5 tbsp of rice flour
3 tbsp of cornstarch
1 tsp of salt
1) Mixed all the ingredients of the bottom layer. Pour into a greased pan and steam for 25 min.
2) In a mixing bowl mixed all top layer ingredients and cook over low heat until thicken.
3) Scratch the surface of the bottom layer with fork and then pour in the top layer.
4) Steam over high heat for another 20 minutes.
5) Cool completely before cutting into it.
Note : Please leave out the pandan paste if you are using palm sugar.