Someone at home is complaining that I hardly bake anything for him anymore. Poor guy I actually do bake but mostly for sale. I hardly bake anything for our own consumptions. My take on this is I don’t bake I don’t eat as this way I can control myself. Anyway, I gave in and bake this blueberry cake when Zue came for visit few weeks ago. We also can have it for tea and breakfast. Blueberry is in season now so I bought quite a bit of it for freezing and used some in our juice and baking.
2 stick/227 gram butter – room temperature
200 gram sugar
4 large eggs
250 gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 tbsp lemon zest
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 ½ cups of fresh or frozen blueberries + 1 tbsp flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line and grease a loft pan. Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set it aside.
2. In a mixer, cream butter, sugar and lemon zest together until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time and until light and fluffy. Slow down the mixer; add in the dry ingredients, alternatively with the lemon juice. Mix until combined.
4. Add the 1 tbsp flour to the blueberries. Toss it lightly.
5. Hand folds the blueberries into the batter. Mix until combined.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it for 50-55 minutes till golden brown or skewer comes out clean when tested.
7. Remove from oven, let it cool for 10 min in the pan then turn it out onto the cooling rack.