We were having some pretty hot summer here in Northern CA and during days like this I like to prepare meals that are quick and easy so I don’t have to spend too much time at the hot stove. This particular meal is one of our favorite and I will prepare it at least once a week. It tasted so light and substantial at the same time and it was a wonderful meal in a bowl!
2 pieces salmon – about 5 oz each
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp red miso
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vinegar
1 tbsp mirin
To serve with:
Blanched or grill vegetable
Some cut lemon
1. In a small bowl combined all the glaze ingredients. Mix it well and set it aside.
2. Clean the salmon, remove the skin and any bones. Pat it dry with paper towel. Season it lightly with salt and pepper
3. Heat up a frying pan over medium heat; add in about a tbsp of vegetable oil. Pan fries the salmon on one side until golden brown (it should take about 4-5 min)
4. Turn the fish over with a spatula and cook the other side until it feels firm to touch. Brush the glaze generously all over the fish. Let it cook for another minute.
5. Transfer it to the serving rice bowl and garnish it with some lemon slices and vegetables.