I know I have been featuring a lot of recipes using lemons but I can't help it as I have ample supply of Meyer lemons from my neighbor. I came up with this cake with some leftover lemon curd . This rich, buttery pound cake has a nice crunch of toasted almond and both sweet and tart at the same time with the addition of lemon curd on top. Just simply spoon the lemon curd on top of the cake batter and bake. This cake goes really well with a cup of strong coffee. The recipe yield a small cake so if you want a bigger cake, you have to double up the recipe.
113 gram butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/3 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
2 tbsp sour cream
6 tbsp lemon curd
1/3 cup sliced almond
2 tsp lemon zest
1. Combined flour, almond meal, salt and baking powder. Mix well and set it aside. Line and greased a loft pan. Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
2. Cream sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add in the eggs, one at the time and beat until well combined. Add in the sour cream and lemon zest. Mix until combined.
3. Turn down the mixer to low speed, and add in the flour. Mix until combined.
4. Pour batter into the baking pan, spread it evenly. Top it with the lemon curd, smoothen the top completely to cover the cake. Sprinkle with the sliced almond.
5. Bake for 35-40 min or until wooden pick comes out clean when tested. Let it cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing it from pan as the lemon curd might still be runny. Cool completely before cutting into it.