I made these early this and totally forgotten about it until I check my unpublished photo folders. Actually there are so many of the pictures there that I have yet to publish it here. I really need to make some time to do it. Maybe next month when I have some spare time. Can you believe is already October and in another month we will be busy with Thanksgiving and follows by Christmas. How time fly. Anyway, back to these rolls. I made it for our breakfast using the Bee Bee’s Sweet Bread Loaf recipe. Instead of making it into a loaf I roll it out and spread it with apricot jam and sprinkle on some dried cranberries. Do check out Honey Bee Sweets blog as she is an expert in bread making.
Ingredients for Starter Dough:
250g bread flour
1g instant active yeast
Knead everything together till it forms soft dough. Let dough proof in room temperature for an hour. Punch out the air and place in a large Ziploc bag and chill in the fridge (supposing 5°C) for 20~24hrs.
Ingredients for the Main Dough:
350gram bread flour
100g sugar (I used only 50 gram)
8g instant active yeast
1 large egg - beaten
300g of starter dough
75ml fresh milk
50g unsalted butter
For the Filling:
1/2 cup apricot Jam
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
1. Knead everything together except the butter till it is not sticky. Add in the butter and continue to knead till it passes the window panel stage. Whole process takes about 20 minutes. In the meantime, greased a muffin pan.
2. Let dough proof, covered for 45 minutes or until double in size. Then punch out the air of the dough.
3. Roll it out the dough into rectangle about 1/3” thickness, brush with apricot jam and sprinkle it cranberries on to.
4. With your palm lightly press the filling ingredients into dough and then roll them up like a jelly roll. Secure the roll by pinching both ends of the roll. Cut the rolls into 1” pieces and put them on the muffin pan
5. Cover and place them in a warm spot and let them rise for an hour or until they are doubled in size. Bake them at 350°F for about 15 – 20 minutes or until they are golden
6. Remove them from the oven and let them cool.