This pizza pie idea keeps popping out of my mind since I came to know about this month Aspiring Baker’s theme. It is ‘Easy as Pie', Now, who doesn’t like pizza?? It is Carlos favorite and he likes hot dogs too. So I incorporate two of his favorite food into one huge pie. You can basically put any type of fillings in this pie. I just used whatever I have in my fridge. I kept humming this song lyric ‘When the moon hits your eyes like a big pizza pie, that’s Amore” by Dean Martin when I am eating this pizza pie ha ha….remember this song??
Ingredients for the dough:
From My Kitchen Snippets
3 cups flour
½ tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried parsley
½ tsp salt
1 cup lukewarm water
1 packet/7 gram yeast
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp olive oil
1. Combined the water, sugar and yeast together. Mix well and set it aside for 10 minutes until it gets frothy.
2. Put the flour, oregano, parsley and salt into a mixing bowl. Mix well. Set the mixer with a hook attachment. Turn on the mixer and slowly drizzle in the yeast mixture follows by the oil (if mixture is too dry drizzle in a bit more water). Knead the dough until is smooth and elastic.
3. Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl, turn once to coat, and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
Ingredients for the topping:
6 hot dogs
3 oz pepperoni
1 small onion – sliced thinly
2 tomato – remove some of the seeds and sliced thinly
1/4 cup green olives
1 cup marinara sauce
4 oz mozzarella cheese - grated
4 oz sharp cheddar – grated
1. Prepare an 11” removable bottom pie pan. Greased it with some olive oil.
2. Remove the dough, press 1/2 of the dough into the pie pan. As for the other half, divide it into 6 equal portions. Roll out each of the dough (about the length of the hot dogs). Wrap each of the hot dogs into the dough.
3. In the meantime, sprinkle the cheddar cheese on the pie dough and top it with marinara sauce. Cut each of the hot dog rolls into 4 and arrange it all over the side of the pie.
4. Put the rest of the topping onto the pie (except for the mozzarella cheese). Brush the side of the pie with some egg wash and bake in a pre-heated 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until lightly brown.
5. Take out the pie and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese all over the pie. Continue to bake until golden brown. Take it out to cool down for 10 minutes before serving.
I'm submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers#10-Easy as Pie hosted by Not the Kitchen Sink .
I am submitting this bread to Yeastspotting