I made some angku kueh to bring it to a small gathering with some friends. Normally the colour of angku kueh is yellow, green or red but I made mine purple because I used the purple sweet potatoes. Just look at the vibrant purple colour and I didn't add any coloring to it. Unfortunately I didn't have angku mould so I just made it round.
Ingredients for filling :
(adapted from Kuali.com)
200 grms of mung bean - soak overnight, drained and steamed until soft
2 tbsp of oil
180 grm sugar
Ingredients for the skin :
250 grm of glutinous rice flour
120 ml hot water
1 tbsp of sugar
120 grm of sweet potatoes - steamed and mashed
a few drop of colouring- either red, green or yellow (optional)
Banana leaves - cut into rounds
1) For the filling, put mung bean and oil into blender and blend until fine while is still hot. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Cool and divide into small round balls.
2) For the skin, mix all the ingredients into a soft dough. If dough is too dry add in some warm water and mix till it form into a dough. Divide into small rounds.
3) Flatten the dough and wrap the filling and place onto greased banana leaves.
4) Steam for 8 min or until cooked.
5) Remove and brush with some oil while it is still hot.
Note : If you have angku mould, do step 3 and dust the mould with glutinous rice flour and press the dough to the mould. Knock to release and place it on a banana leaves and steam.